Recognising that it can be challenging for busy healthcare professionals to attend live courses, our online diploma can be completed at a time and pace that suits them.
This online programme recognises the need to take an aligned and holistic, whole-person approach to patient care, particularly for those patients with multiple long-term conditions.
Rather than treat each long-term condition individually, this programme recognises the cross implications of multiple-morbidities and emphasises the need to align the management and treatment to the person, rather than simply treat the disease.
This aligned, personalised care approach means that people have a choice and control over the way their care is planned and delivered. It is based on ‘what matters’ to them and their individual strengths and needs.
· Understanding the need for a change in approach to managing patients with multiple or single long term conditions
· Understanding the whole person Aligned Care approach for patients with multiple long term conditions and how it can improve their quality of life
· The positive impact that taking an Aligned Patient Care approach can have on clinical outcomes
· The benefits for patients and their carers
· The benefits for Health professionals, the NHS and other Health Care Organisations
· How to use clinical skills and information gathering to deliver care using a whole person, aligned care approach
· Promoting a whole person, aligned care approach by involving the patient in personal care planning
· The keys to using a motivational interviewing and coaching approach for patients with long term conditions in order to engage and encourage patients and carers to be more involved in managing their condition and aligning their needs, wants and aspirations to the management of their care
· Interpreting investigations and communicating results to patients in a way that they understand